Degugging with gdb

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 16:39:24 UTC 2024

I don't know anything about using Mesa as a meson subproject, but the way I
usually test a local Mesa build is:

https://docs.mesa3d.org/install.html#running-against-a-local-build-easy-way

For example if I wanted to run gdb on glxgears I might say:

$ meson devenv -C build gdb -q glxgears

You can also just say "meson devenv -C build" to get a subshell in the
build environment. Note that the initial working directory is set to the
build dir, which can be a little confusing if your command line includes
relative paths, so don't use relative paths if you can help it.

- ajax