Getting started with Lavapipe

Ashwin Bhat ashwin.bhat at autodesk.com
Fri Feb 9 04:31:01 UTC 2024

Hello,

During  Vulkanised 2024 I was super excited to hear and learn about Lavapipe
https://vulkan.org/user/pages/09.events/vulkanised-2024/Vulkanised-2024-faith-ekstrand-collabora-Iago-toral-igalia.pdf

Are there some basic tutorials on how to get started with setting up Lavapipe swrast on Windows?

I've installed LLVM and ensured it's in path. I have been trying to build using meson but haven't had much success. Any pointers appreciated. Please let me know if it's preferred to move this discussion/thread to issues.

Here is the command I'm trying to run:
meson setup -D llvm=true --prefix=%CD%/build/install build/  --buildtype=release -Dgallium-drivers=swrast -Dvulkan-drivers=swrast

But I get this error:
llvm-config found: NO need ['>= 5.0.0']
Run-time dependency LLVM found: NO (tried cmake and config-tool)
Looking for a fallback subproject for the dependency llvm (modules: bitwriter, engine, mcdisassembler, mcjit, core, executionengine, scalaropts, transformutils, instcombine, native)
Building fallback subproject with default_library=static

meson.build:1748:13: ERROR: Neither a subproject directory nor a llvm.wrap file was found.

Thanks
Ashwin