Does gbm_bo_map() implicitly synchronise?

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Sat Jun 15 08:29:01 UTC 2024

On 15/06/2024 07:54, Marek Olšák wrote:
> gbm_bo_map synchronizes if it needs to move memory to make the buffer
> readable by the CPU or if the buffer is being used/written by the GPU.

Great, thanks! That means I need to look elsewhere for the source of my
issue.

I was concerned that since I was accessing the data using gbm_bo_map(),
rather than using OpenGL, I was missing out on some synchronisation step
and getting data before the GPU had finished any queued rendering.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?