Does gbm_bo_map() implicitly synchronise?

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Tue Jun 18 16:49:52 UTC 2024

On 17/06/2024 19:18, Pierre Ossman wrote:

> Hmm... The source of the blit is CopyWindow being called as a result of
> the window moving. But I would have expected that to be inhibited by the
> fact that a compositor is active. It's also surprising that this only
> happens if DRI3 is involved.
>
> I would also have expected something similar with software rendering.
> Albeit with a PutImage instead of PresentPixmap for the correct data.
> But everything works there.
>
> I will need to dig further.

Well, this is embarrassing. The issue was not in GNOME, Mesa or Xorg.
They rendered everything absolutely correctly. The issue was in the VNC
code that didn't pay attention to the fact that the window was
redirected and so sent bogus rendering instructions to the VNC client. :/

With that fixed everything renders perfectly fine!

Still, thank you for all the insight given regarding GBM!

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?