time for amber2 branch?

Thomas Debesse dev at illwieckz.net
Wed Jun 19 15:26:05 UTC 2024

Le mer. 19 juin 2024 à 16:33, Mike Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkrantz at gmail.com> a écrit :
> In looking at the gallium tree, I'm wondering if it isn't time for a second amber branch to prune some of the drivers that cause pain when doing big tree updates

It's probably fine for nv30 and r300 that are very unlikely to receive
new features being implemented anyway (if I'm right all they do is
OpenGL 2.1).

For r600 it may be more annoying to split the tree for someone wanting
to continue the rusticl implementation in order to drop clover, as
this would split rusticl as well.
Maybe the work-in-progress “Terakan” vulkan driver for r600 cards
won't be affected because vulkan is not a gallium thing.

I don't use any of the others so I have no thought about them.

--
Thomas “illwieckz” Debesse