[Mesa-maintainers] [Mesa-dev] [RFC] Deprecating old DRI loaders/drivers

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:12:12 UTC 2017

On 16 May 2017 at 17:38, Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> What *actual* problem are you trying to solve?  Honestly, it seems like
> you're just trying to find stuff to do.  We have a mechanism to make
> this work, and it's not that hard.  Introducing a deprecation period and
> everything that involves will make it more work, not less.

A few things:
 - remove code that is not [actively] tested
Note: the DRI1 is still used/tested so it will remain untouched
 - ensure that people use stuff that works, correctly
 - as a side effect it will allow us to remove the RTLD_GLOBAL quirks

Fwiw I've written most of the patches a year or so ago, so that part
is already done.

-Emil