[Mesa-maintainers] Downstream Mesa patches and quirks

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:55:17 UTC 2018

[Cc-ing the latest Fedora packager - Igor]

On 12 February 2018 at 17:59, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A humble reminder to forward any outstanding patches or hacks needed
> to get your Mesa packages building.
> I would kindly urge you to do so, even if your previous attempt did
> not fare well or you the patch seems not applicable upstream.

As Fedora seems to be the first one in alphabetical order, here are
some more specifics:

 - empty vl_{mpeg12,}_decoder.c
The MPEG patents in question has expired [2] [3] so this can be
dropped. Double-check with the legal team, since IANAL

 -  llvm SONAME without version
LLVM bug - should be fixed already

 - hardware gloat
Send upstream CC-ing VMware devs.

 - evergreen big endian
There were plenty of BE r600 fixes - retest and drop? Otherwise, send
upstream with bugzilla reference.

 - bigendian assert
Add the failing build log in the commit message and send upstream

 - osmesa: Fix linkage against shared glapi
Linkage is fine. Patch seems like a copy/paste mistake - there were
similar fixed for the DRI modules.

 - glvnd-fix-gl-dot-pc.patch
Should use -lGL when building with --enable-glvnd and -lMangledGL with
--enable-mangling

 - static libstdc++
Re-spin Vivek's patch [1] or propose alternative

Thanks
Emil
P.S. Yes I'm familiar with the XCB under-linking issue, sadly I have
not been able to reproduce it.

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2015-March/079121.html
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-2#Patents_(U.S._only)
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_MPEG-2_patents