[Mesa-maintainers] [Mesa-dev] [RFC] Mesa release improvements - Release schedule

Andres Gomez agomez at igalia.com
Mon Mar 12 14:35:39 UTC 2018

Hi,

 * Release schedule: move from pre-announce Wed, announcement Fri [0]
   to pre-announce Mon, announcement Wed.
    * Why would we want to do this?
       * We have delays in the release every now and then. When this
         happens, we step already into the weekend which is bad for the
         release team but also for the developers of specific drivers
         who will have to test the patches in the queue before the
         actual release.
       * Moving the dates to Mon and Wed gives a bigger margin to a
         delay without stepping into the weekend. It also gives a bit
         more of margin in case we found straight away that a release
         is problematic and needs immediate correction.

[0] https://www.mesa3d.org/releasing.html#schedule
--
Br,

Andres