[Mesa-maintainers] Downstream Mesa patches and quirks

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 25 18:27:05 UTC 2018

On 23-03-18 16:27, Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On 23 March 2018 at 14:38, LoneVVolf <lonewolf at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> On 12-02-18 18:59, Emil Velikov wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> A humble reminder to forward any outstanding patches or hacks needed
>>> to get your Mesa packages building.
>>> I would kindly urge you to do so, even if your previous attempt did
>>> not fare well or you the patch seems not applicable upstream.
>>>
>> In git master most (all?)  of the issues appear to have been taken care of.
>> Does 18.0 include the fixes or will they not land in stable mesa until 18.1
>> ?
>>
> You have to be more specific - what distribution are you working with.
> What patches are you carrying locally, and most importantly which
> issues - bugreports please.
>
> WRT patch flow:
> Patches land in master first. Nominated [1] ones, that meet the
> criteria land in the respective stable releases.
>
> If you like to nominate fixes please follow the instructions[1].
>
> Thanks
> Emil
>
> [1] https://www.mesa3d.org/submittingpatches.html#nominations
> [2] https://www.mesa3d.org/submittingpatches.html#criteria

Hi,

sorry for being so vague.
The distribution is Arch Linux and the patch i'd like to see gone from
AL mesa packages is 0001-glvnd-fix-gl-dot-pc.patch .

Messages on this ML in first week of march led me to believe that patch
was no longer needed.
After some local testing I removed it from the unofficial mesa-git
package i maintain in AUR
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mesa-git/ .
No users have reported problems since i made the change.

I have been unable to figure out which commits made the patch obsolete,
but on feb 18 the patch was still needed to build my aur mesa-git
package succesfully. This means it was not present in master when 18.0
was branched off.

At this point I am confident the issue is solved, but lack the knowledge
to know when exactly this happened.

Lone_Wolf

Sidenote :

Even if i did know which commits solved the issue, the submittingpatches
document suggests to me a level of capability/knowledge comparable to
that of mesa-dev posters is needed to get fixes accepted.
My own level is way below that.