[Mesa-stable] Your message to mesa-stable awaits moderator approval

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Aug 9 08:02:13 PDT 2013

Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> writes:
> On 08/08/2013 04:23 PM, mesa-stable-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:
>> The reason it is being held:
>>
>>      Message has implicit destination
> Can we fix the mailing list?  I get these on a pretty regular basis.

That's strange.

I've only seen users get a failure like that if they BCC the list, (and
we don't want users to BCC the list since then follow-ups disappear). So
I don't want to turn off the implicit-destination check.

It looks like your email was addressed to:

	Cc: Ian Romanick <ian.d.romanick at intel.com>, "9.2"

And that bare "9.2" is the problem. It's not actually mentioning the
mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org address. I wonder how it even made it
to the list when addressed like that?

Looking back at your commit message:

	Cc: "9.2" mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org

It looks like this would be fixed by adding two angle brackets to make
this look like a real email address:

	Cc: "9.2" <mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org>

So I recommend that as the fix.

In the meantime, git-send-email looks to be doing something strange when
you feed it the line without the angle brackets.

-Carl