[Mesa-stable] Stable radeon patches for 10.0

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Nov 13 10:06:01 PST 2013

Tom Stellard <tom at stellard.net> writes:
> Sorry about that, I didn't realize you were still using
> get-pick-list.sh.  I thought you were just pulling patches from the
> stable list.  I'll make sure to add CC: stable to my commits in the
> future.

No apology necessary.

We do use get-pick-list still. So adding the CC: stable to the commit
message is often the most convenient way to nominate patches for the
stable branch.

But we do also accept patches sent directly to mesa-stable@ without any
CC in the commit message. This allows developers to nominate patches for
the stable branch after-the-fact, (when it didn't occur to the original
author of the commit to tag the message).

And as a reminder, for stable-branch nominations in commit messages:

A simple:

	CC: <mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org>

always indicates the most-recently-created stable branch, (so "10.0"
currently). You can always indicate specific branch names as well, but
this is only really necessary for nominating a commit for older
branches.

So, for example, if you commit a patch today that should be picked over
to both 10.0 and the 9.2 branch, then you could use something like:

	CC: "10.0, 9.2" <mesa-stable at lists.freedesktop.org>

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com