[Mesa-stable] Release-candidate branch for upcoming 10.2.4

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jul 17 16:52:15 PDT 2014

Kenneth Graunke <kenneth at whitecape.org> writes:
> Here's a last minute pull request targeted at improving Broadwell.
> It's pretty big, and a couple of the patches just landed, so this
> might be too much to ask.

If the series had touched anything outside of drivers/dri/i965 then a
request this late would have been a non-starter.

But for driver-specific changes like this, I'll grant a lot of
discretion to driver maintainers, (particularly when backed up by
testing results as you provided).

I've looked over the patches, and they all seem to meet the
release-branch criteria, (and the majority of the impacts really are
restricted to Gen8+). For good measure, I tested with piglit on my
Haswell box and noted no changes.

So I've pushed this branch, (rebased onto Marek's recent fix), to the
upstream 10.2 branch.

I've gotten enough testing reports now to be able to release this
tomorrow.

Thanks, all!

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com