[Mesa-stable] [Mesa-dev] Mesa 13.0.1 release candidate

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:56:17 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 November 2016 at 18:36, Laurent Carlier <lordheavym at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Le vendredi 11 novembre 2016, 18:13:25 CET Emil Velikov a écrit :
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> The candidate for the Mesa 12.0.4 is now available. Currently we have:
>>>  - 51 queued
>>>  - 18 nominated (outstanding)
>>>  - and 0 (self-)rejected patches
>>>
>>> As one can imagine huge hunk of the commits are fixes in the Vulkan drivers.
>>>
>>> Up-to 30% performance increase using the Intel ANV Vulkan driver. The Radeon
>>> RADV Vulkan driver now ships with distinctly named json files, which
>>> include the full Vulkan driver path. Making it possible for people to
>>> install and use the drivers outside their /usr/lib directory.
>>>
>>> RADV correctly advertises support for the Xlib platform extension and one
>>> can use it alongside the Dolphin emulator. ANV and RADV have improved
>>> handling of Xlib/XCB connections and advertise the currect versions of the
>>> extensions they support.
>>>
>>> We also have restored interop between third party OpenCL implementations and
>>> Mesa's libGL/libEGL. The GLX GLVND driver has a few noticable fixes as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> Take a look at section "Mesa stable queue" for more information.
>>>

>>> Testing reports/general approval
>>> --------------------------------
>>> Any testing reports (or general approval of the state of the branch) will be
>>> greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> The plan is to have 13.0.1 this Sunday (13th of November), around or
>>> shortly after
>>> 18:00 GMT.
>>>
>>> If you have any questions or suggestions - be that about the current patch
>>> queue or otherwise, please go ahead.
>>>

>> Could you add these commits, fixing segfault with gallium HUD and lm_sensors:
>> 6ffed086795aaa84ab35668bb59d712cdde34da3
>> 5a58323064b32442e2de23c95642bc421be696f8
>> 381edca826ee27b1a49f19b0731c777bdf241b20
>>
>> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2016-November/134561.html
>>
> Will do thanks !
>
> Please forward future requests/shas/etc to mesa-stable. It's a bit
> harder to miss them there ;-)

Really? It seems like patches get lost in mesa-stable all the time. I
have 6 commits in my local 12.0 branch that have never made it to any
12.0.x release. The last missed patch (for "findLSB(0)") confirmed
that I can't rely on the current model.

I've just pushed one fix to 12.0 and I'm going to push more after more
testing. For radeonsi and dependent shared components, I'm effectively
immediately going to push fixes to stable branches by myself (in
addition to Cc tagging) until a better solution is available, because
I have no other choice.

Marek