[Mesa-users] mesa 3D and drm

Alberich de megres alberich2k5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:17:38 PDT 2010

Hello,

I read some questions about if it's possible to have 3d acceleration
without xwindow. And i know this one could be one more..sorry for that
but i'm really lost.

Using directfb is an option is there's available a fb driver for the
graphic card in use. Other things to have in account would be miniglx,
and fbdri but not of these seems to work with many different graphics
cards, so they are not an option.

My question is about the projects in mesa could I in some way have hw
accelerated opengl, without the x window?
Even if dri is a X concept, could i interface the drm into the kernel
so i can use dri drivers out of the X? It will be hard? anyone has
tried before?

I also read these two pages:
http://mirror.leaseweb.com/NetBSD/NetBSD-release-5-0/xsrc/dist/Mesa/docs/fbdev-dri.html
http://www.mesa3d.org/egl.html

But i'm not sure if they are what i want.

Could anyone please point me some light?
thanks!!