[Mesa-users] GLSL on intel 945?

Justin Madru jdm64 at csu.fullerton.edu
Fri Sep 24 21:52:05 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have an Intel 945 graphic card and I'm using mesa 7.9 with the intel
2.12 driver (glxinfo reports opengl 1.4). I'm trying to get GLSL
working. My code compiles but segfaults on initialising the shader. I
thought that Mesa has a fall-back to software rendering if the
hardware doesn't support the feature? If not, what are my options for
getting GLSL to work with my setup?

Also can someone explain how the graphics pipline works with
Mesa/DRI/DRM/X.org. For example, if I write a program using the
GL/gl.h headers, what is the order of libraries/interfaces that are
used? (libdri.so, libdrm.so, libGL.so, etc.,) Furthermore, is this
different for desktop programs that are not linked against libGL.so?

Justin Madru