[Mesa-users] compilation problems on Windows

K M longisland.km at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:22:46 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:

> On 04/22/2011 10:27 AM, K M wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It is possible to build Mesa 7.9 or or newer on Windows?  The VS
>> solution files want to compile files that do not exist.  The current
>> compilation instructions at mesa3d.org <http://mesa3d.org> say to use
>>
>> SCons, but it looks like the tarballs are missing some files needed to
>> do this.
>>
>> I grabbed the repository code for the 7.10.2 tag and the 7.10 branch.
>> Both of these had some additional files needed for SCons, but the
>> build process for both of them would fail to create an opengl32.dll,
>> giving a link error.
>>

> What exactly was the error?

Hi Brian,

The linker stops with:

glsl.lib(ralloc.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol va_copy
referenced in function printf_length

>  I also grabbed the mainline code from the repository.  Running SCons,
>> I am able to build both a 32bit and 64bit Windows opengl32.dll,
>> glut32.dll, libEGL.dll, libOpenVG.dll, and graw.dll libraries.
>> However, it does not build a glu32.dll or a osmesa32.dll like Mesa 7.8
>> does.
>>

> I think Jose fixed that over the weekend.

glu32.dll fails to link because of an unresolved symbol:

mipmap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _wglGetProcAddress
referenced in function _gluTexImage3D.

Looks like a dependency is missing from the link line?

>  Is this the current state of affairs due to the transition to using
>> SCons instead of VS?
>>

> I fixed the problem w/ missing scons files in the tarballs for the next
> release.  You can try some test .zip files in
> ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/tmp/

I grabbed the MesaLib-7.10.2-sconstest.zip, but was unable to compile it.
It fails with the message:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdint.h': No such file or
directory

This include is appearing on line 60 of gallium\include\pipe\p_compiler.h.