[Mesa-users] glFBDev

fady osman fady.mohamed.osman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:14:56 PDT 2011

Arvid Picciani <aep <at> exys.org> writes:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:27:13 -0600, Brian Paul <brianp <at> vmware.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, the Mesa demo/test programs are now in a separate repository.
>
> Thanks.
> unfortunately i get some linkage issues
>
> /home/aep/proj/borg/demos/src/fbdev +% gcc -g glfbdevtest.c
> -L/usr/local/lib -lGL -lGLU

> lots of stuff missing. any idea where all of this is?

you have to add the following options when compiling : -lGL -lOSMesa -ldl

when i built mesa and run make install not all the library and include files
were copied you might you might need to copy them by hand and make the right
links if the program gave you library not found error.

also please note that you might need to change the screen refresh rate and/or
the resolution in order for this to work for me it worked with any screen
resolution when refresh rate was set to 80.