[Mesa-users] (no subject)

sudeep sudeeprk at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Feb 16 22:08:40 PST 2011

Hi All,

I am a newbie in Linux graphics. I am  working with i5 core and Q57 chip
set
(MatXm-Core-411B from Emerson). In my understanding i915 driver is used
in back end
if I use Mesa driver with DRI path. But it is observed that X server is
a dependency.In some
documents there is a description about a path without the need of  X-Server
(http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~joshagam/archive/cs574/dri-lowlevel.html).

Is it possible to use hardware accelerated(DRI) graphics operations from
an application
(with the help of Mesa), without using X server. Is it possible to
completely avoid using the
X(no startX in the beginning too), but use hardware accelerated graphics
functionalities?
Could you please suggest how I can achieve this. Can I use DirectFBGL
for intel
GMA HD platforms? Also I came across somebody's recommendation of MiniGLX
to replace X windows. But latest versions of Mesa library comes without
MiniGLX. Is
there any alternative method I can try?

Thanks in advance

Regards,