[Mesa-users] libgl1-mesa-glx conflicts with libgl1-nvidia-alternatives

Max jonhanger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:51:29 PDT 2011

Hello,

Lately I've been trying to install NVidia drivers on my Debian Wheezy
desktop PC and some problems concerning broken dependencies come up when
I try to install the drivers.

Here's my shell:

# apt-get install libgl1-nvidia-glx
[...]

The following packages have unsatisfactory dependencies :
 libgl1-nvidia-glx : Depends: libgl1-nvidia-alternatives but will not be
installed
 x11-utils : Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx but will not be install or
                      libgl1

E: Corrupted packages

---
Trying to install libgl1-nvidia-glx:

# apt-get install libgl1-nvidia-glx
[...]

The following packages have unsatisfactory dependencies :
 libgl1-nvidia-glx : Depends: libgl1-nvidia-alternatives but will not be
installed
 x11-utils : Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx but will not be installed or
                      libgl1
E: Corrupted packages

---
Trying to install libgl1-nvidia-alternatives:

# apt-get install libgl1-nvidia-alternatives
[...]
The following packages have unsatisfactory dependencies :
 x11-utils : Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx but will not be installed or
                      libgl1
E: Corrupted packages

---
I already have x11-utils running with no problem. However, when I try to
install libgl1-nvidia-alternatives and x11-utils at the same time, I
have:

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
 libgl1-mesa-glx : Breaks: libgl1-nvidia-alternatives (<= 275.09.07-1)
but 275.09.07-1 will have to be installed
 libgl1-nvidia-alternatives : Breaks: libgl1-mesa-glx (>= 7.10.2-4~) but
7.10.3-3 will have to be installed
E: Corrupted packages

And here's the point: libgl1-mesa-glx conflicts with
libgl1-nvidia-alternatives. Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
Jonathan.

PS: The problem was already posted on the Debian user list, cf