[Mesa-users] Haedware capability

Srini srini_rajini at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 04:09:21 PST 2011

Hi Sudeep,
   Thanks for hint,
yes, of-cource running few OpenGL application will inform wether its going
through hardware or software but not eventually the card level deails,but
glxinfo gives sufficient information.

[srini at RHEL2 ~]$ glxinfo |grep string
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
client glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on i965 (chipset: Q45_G)
OpenGL version string: 1.5 Mesa 7.8.2

I got sufficient information from here. thank you once again.

Regards,
Srini.