[Mesa-users] Newbee question

Mark Smith mark3smith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:58:29 PDT 2011

I'm trying to build/install Mesa 7.10.1 and Mesa demos 8.0.1 on an Ubuntu
10.04 x86 platform.  The goal is to get an OpenVG API available for graphics
development.

The base compile has gone very well.   After installing some development
libraries, I've had no problem building Mesa and its DRI drivers.  The two
problems I've run into are:

1)      The demos build is failing.  All of the documentation refers to a
'progs' directory which doesn't seem to exist anymore.  When I down load the
demos it creates a completely separate directory from the Mesa-x.y.z
directory, instead it creates an mesa-demos-x.y.z.  The actual failure is
lack of the file 'eglcommon.h'.

2)      The OpenVG library doesn't contain any OpenVG Utility (vgu)
functions, even though it looks like they are implemented in the vega/vgu.c
file.

I'm not really concerned with the demos (but they would be nice), I'm really
trying to figure out how to get the vguXXX functions.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Mark