[Mesa-users] Compiling 7.10 in windows with the same outputs as 7.8

Riccardo Serafin barakka at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:05:05 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to compile the latest version of mesa under windows,
without much luck. After reading various threads, trying this and
that, I figured that:
1) Visual Studio support has not been maintained after 7.8, and it is
not supported now;
2) The instructions and downloads available on the web site are old or
incomplete;
3) It is possible to download a tarball from git with the latest
source which includes almost all needed files;
4) It is possible to compile version 7.10 with SCons;

I have in fact been able to compile using the following command:
scons platform=windows machine=x86 drivers=softpipe,trace winsys=gdi

The problem is that half of these parameters are not documented,
therefore I can't understand what they do and what is the effect on
the compiled output. In the end, I'd like to obtain something similar
to opengl32.dll, glu32.dll, and osmesa32.dll, which were the outputs
of the compilation with the 7.8 version with visual studio.

To be more precise, I'm interested in obtaining the latest version of
mesa 3d, with support only for the software renderer (no hw
acceleration). So, I guess my questions are: which parameters should
be fed to scons to obtain that? Is it true that the scons build
scripts only support the Gallium "stack" but not the same setup that
was produced with VS8? Can the output of the scons compilation be used
as the old one (software renderer opengl compatible)? Would moving to
7.11 improve the situation?

Thanks,
Riccardo.