[Mesa-users] Fwd: Mangled Mesa compile failure

Li Zhou zhou3 at lycos.com
Mon Apr 23 05:54:21 PDT 2012

Dear Mr. Patel:

Your configure is different with mine. my configure doesn't have osmesa enabled.  when you enable osmesa,mangled mesa can be built since version 6.5.

Regards,
Li Zhou

Apr 23, 2012 08:19:52 AM, viral.patel at ansys.com wrote:

I recently updated our mangled Mesa build on Linux for 7.11.2, and I hit no real problems with glX.
This is what I did:
CXXFLAGS="-DUSE_MGL_NAMESPACE" \CFLAGS="-DUSE_MGL_NAMESPACE" \./configure \    --prefix `pwd`/build/Linux64 \    --enable-debug=no \    --disable-driglx-direct \    --enable-gl-osmesa=yes \    --disable-glw \    --disable-glut \    --with-driver=xlib \    --with-dri-drivers=  \    --with-osmesa-bits=32 \    --with-gallium-drivers= \    --disable-egl \    --enable-64-bit
gmake -j4gmake install
I did notice that with 7.11.2 both OSMesa and libGL contain gl* symbols, where as our older 7.7.1 build linked OSMesa against libGL and we avoided the duplication. I do recall trying --enable-shared and rejected that route for a reason I don't recall.
On windows the situation is completely different I have still to get a fully working version of mangled mesa version - I am almost there but it has been non-trivial to first get a building version of mesa and next ensure the symbols are mangled. Once I have something ready I will probably post some info so others can avoid the headache.
I hope this helps,
Viral