[Mesa-users] How to set vsync/swap interval via EGL

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Wed Aug 15 08:39:00 PDT 2012

I'm trying to setup a GL display with xlib via EGL but am confused as to
how to get the vertical sync working correctly.

I call "eglSwapInterval(1)" and it returns EGL_TRUE, so my assumption is
that sync should be on. Here then I expect that "eglSwapBuffers" would
introduce a delay so that my frame rate equals my monitor (at 60FPS).
However, I still measure around 1650FPS.

I looked around, but all I could find was references to the "glx"
interface, where one could query for the GLX_MESA_swap_control extension
-- which is of course not reported via EGL (though is available as
reported by glxinfo)

I am running in a windowed mode at the moment on a KDE desktop and
wondering if that has something to do with it. Although there is no
direct access to the sync, I was expecting it still to time the swapping
somehow.

What am I missing? How am I supposed to do this?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.