[Mesa-users] I'm having trouble building mesa to support native steam on fedora 18 linux

Patrick Horgan phorgan1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:38:20 PST 2012

On 12/09/2012 06:10 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> ...elision by patrick...
> Fedora normally is close to upstream , specially in beta releases.
>
> You can see here
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=184
> mesa-9.0.1-1.fc18 is already built for Fedora 18
>
> and Intel-drv here:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=7794
>

> new Intel drive is bigger than 2.20.1x ?
I built from git source and got 2.20.15.
>> ... elision by patrick ...
>>
>> Should I be able to get this working on this hardware?  Is it a
>> configuration problem?  I'd love to play steam games on this machine
>> without using wine.
> where is steam for Fedora, I'd love to test it also.
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/11/how-to-use-steam-for-linux-right-now.html.
There's a repository you can get it from for fedora.  It's a limited
beta but all that means is that if you run steam, it tells you that you
aren't in the beta list, but if you give it arguments to go somewhere
particular, for instance to look at your software, then it works just
fine.  There's a number of steam games marked as linux architecture, and
if you've already bought a windows or mac version you don't have to pay
again for the linux version.  Also, tf2 is free.

> Best regards,
As to you.

Patrick