[Mesa-users] OpenGL Version in Mesa 9.1 at 2.1

Matthew Eggers eggmatters at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 10:03:39 PST 2012

Hi,

I apologize in advance for the simplistic question. I've searched every
avenue I can find and haven't been able to resolver this issue.

I recently attempted to upgrade my installed instance of Mesa & OpenGL as
my chipset is completely capable of running GLSL and GL versions 3 and
above.

I followed the steps in feedesktop.x.org's Modular Developers guide. the
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

Once finished, I was surprised to see my OpenGL version and GLSL versions *
still* at 1.2 and 2.1 respectively.

The graphical data for my system is:
2.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Sandy Bridge Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 09)
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
cpu MHz        : 2301.000
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
cpu MHz        : 800.000
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
cpu MHz        : 800.000
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
cpu MHz        : 2300.000
X.Org version: 1.13.99
  dimensions:    1600x900 pixels (423x238 millimeters)
  depth of root window:    24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
--
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer

Linux 3.2.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

The GPU referenced from lslci above is:
Sandybridge Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000 *(used in 2nd Generation Intel®
Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor family)*

Which I understand to be driven by an i915 intel graphics driver.

Please let me know if you need any other data or information.