[Mesa-users] cannot get hardware acceleration on old notebook

junk_yard at aol.com junk_yard at aol.com
Fri Oct 5 11:45:25 PDT 2012

Brian, thank you for the reply.

i'm trying to follow instructions from this guide:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?s=e456f2090f15d163f0f05b59349349b4&p=29080&postcount=1

am i going in the right direction?

by the way:

$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x (rev 64)