[Mesa-users] cannot get hardware acceleration on old notebook

junk_yard at aol.com junk_yard at aol.com
Fri Oct 5 12:09:29 PDT 2012

 Tormod, thank you for the reply.

yes, i tried to install your driver before, but didn't notice any changes. i got it from here:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/m/mesa-legacy/libgl1-mesa-dri-legacy_7.11.2-0ubuntu1~edgers1_i386.deb

i don't know how to handle drivers in Linux appropriately, so i just installed the package with some GUI installer and expected it would be enough. perhaps, i should have done something before and/or after the installation. can you please instruct me on that?

as for the video memory size, i bet i would even get 1024x768x24 under Windows. why else would they choose a 1024x768 panel for the machine? if it's possible in Windows, then why is it not so in Linux? but that's of course just a speculation.