[Mesa-users] OSMesa and Gallium/LLVM

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Sep 26 07:22:57 PDT 2012

On 09/26/2012 05:18 AM, mesa.10.helix222 at spamgourmet.com wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I'd just like to ask if it is possible to use llvmpipe with OSMesa as
> target.

No, we'd basically need to write an OSMesa "state tracker" for
gallium.  It's on my long-term to-do list, but pretty low priority.

> Any other offscreen rendering solution would be fine too, as
> long as it doesn't need an X Server (That's why PBuffers are not an
> option).

In terms of core OpenGL, you could use framebuffer objects to do
off-screen rendering.  But you'll still need some method of creating a
rendering context, etc.  Since you don't have an X server, GLX is out.
  EGL is the next logical choice but I don't think anyone's
implemented a "dumb" EGL which doesn't use the window system at all.

I'm afraid I don't know of any simple solution to your problem at this
time.

-Brian