[Mesa-users] #define LP_MAX_THREADS 8

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:24:47 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've found that llvmpipe driver is capped at max of 8 threads. I'm
finding that to be a bit on the low side. for example I'm using systems
with much higher physical core counts, 16 is typical but a few
specialized smp's I use have as many as 1024 physical cores. Even my
workstation with 8 physical cores runs one of our opengl codes faster up
to about LP_NUM_THREADS=20. I had to tweak the define up to 32 for
testing. Any chance that the max could be increased, or better yet could
be optionally set to a larger value in the configure script?

Burlen