[Mesa-users] Status of MesaGL on headless GPU machines

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Feb 21 23:13:19 PST 2013

I have not been following progress of developments closely and am still using mesa 7.6.1 on most of my CPU only machines (because it works reliably for the plain OpenGL stuff).

I'd like to run some Cuda-OpenGL interop tests on one of our GPU enabled machines with Tesla K20X GPUs installed (272 of them).

Is there any version of mesa that I can use on these type of systems that allows me to

a)      Make use of the hardware

b)      Pass arrays from cuda to mesa GL for VBOs etc to avoid CPU/GPU exchange of arrays at each render.

In the past the lack of any X installation was a problem with hardware access, but with mesa 9.x perhaps this has changed and it's now possible for me to use an accelerated GL on these machines.

I'd welcome any info - I looked through the nouveau wiki but didn't see anything that was encouraging, so I'm guessing I can't use the GPUs for graphics.

Thanks.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                        email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch