[Mesa-users] Installing Mesa3D on Ubuntu13.01x32 with AMDRadeon6850.

Eric Sepich sepich.ericjr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 22:28:54 PDT 2013

I have downloaded Mesa9.1.4 from freedesktop.org. I am trying to follow the
instructions in OpenGL programming bible but things are not working quite
like the manual describes. It seems to me that the driver has to be built
with some variation of ./configure and make but I'm not sure exactly how it
should be built yet. I've been experimenting with OpenGL ES for the Android
which led me to Mesa3D. I have a feeling that doing labs with OpenGL for
the desktop will lead me to a greater understanding of OpenGL ES though
first I have to figure out how to build the driver. Thanks in advance for
any help out in this regard...