[Mesa-users] Driver call and TGSI IR Bytestream

Daniel Melo Jorge da Cunha dmjcunha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 14:04:30 PDT 2013

Hi, I have 3 questions. Please be nice... I'm struggling myself...

Let's say I am in file src/gallium/auxiliary/cso_cache/cso_context.c.
So, there is a function call pipe->draw_vbo(pipe, info) in the
function cso_draw_vbo(...).

1- Is this function call (pipe->draw_vbo(pipe, info)) really calling,
for a NV30 driver, pipe->draw_vbo = nv30_draw_vbo? Or for other driver
like NVC0, is it really calling pipe->draw_vbo = nvc0_draw_vbo?

2- If it is so, how could (mesa3d? gallium3d? X? ddx? the responsible)
call the correct one for the correct driver?

3- Is the pipe and info arguments in the function call mentionated
the encoded TGSI IR Bytestream? If it is not, how and where is it
encoded?