[Mesa-users] Driver call and TGSI IR Bytestream

Daniel Melo Jorge da Cunha dmjcunha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 11:37:21 PDT 2013

2013/7/17 Daniel Melo Jorge da Cunha <dmjcunha at gmail.com>

> First, thank you for the previously two answers. I have already a lot to
> study.
> But regarding TGSI there is little information about it in the internet
> and it is
> confusing.
>
> For example:http://people.freedesktop.org/~csimpson/gallium-docs/tgsi.html
> says: "TGSI is the only intermediate representation used by all drivers"
>
> so we may suppose it deals only with shaders as you said.
>
> But what strikes me is:
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/doxygen/gallium/tgsi.html
> when it says: "All Mesa vertex/fragment programs and shaders are translated
> into the TGSI representation before being passed to the driver. In turn,
> the driver
> will convert the TGSI instructions into GPU-specific instructions"
>
> so I presume TGSI is a complete intermediate representation that will pass
> all the necessary information to the drivers in order the drivers will
> write the
> GPU specific code.
>
> Sorry for the lameness.
> Again, thank you very much!
>

> OK, I've got your last answer. I know I have to study more. Thanks.
But I've made some confusion. The "Sorry for the previous top post..."
was not meant to be unanswered (I would like you answer it if possible).
I wrote that because I've seen that's bad practice to top post so some
people don't answer. I promise I will not bother you anymore at least
in the next six months :)