[Mesa-users] [kms][egl][vmwgfx] Can't create gbm_device

Bruno Dal Bó Silva brunods.linux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:19:02 PDT 2014

Hello, I compiled mesa 10.2.5 with the following options:

--enable-egl --with-eg-platforms=drm --enable-gles --enable-gles2
--enable-gallium-egl --enable-gallium-gbm --with-gallium-drivers=svga
--enable-dri --with-dri-drivers=

And i'm trying to run it on vmware workstation x86 (it's a custom linux
build using the yocto project, kernel version is 3.10, with vmwgfx loaded
as a module)

when I run gbm_create_device  with fd from /dev/dri/card0 It fails and I
get the following message on stderr:

VMware: vmw_ioctl_region_map: Map failed.
VMware: vmw_ioctl_region_map: Map failed.

Does anybody have any clue what's going on?

thanks!

Bruno Dal Bó Silva