[Mesa-users] Building for Android

Petre Eftime petre.eftime at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:34:13 PDT 2014

Hi,

I would like to test the freedreno drivers on a Nexus 4 with Android.

I tried multiple configurations ([1] and similar) on Mesa 10.2.5 but
upon copying the drivers to /system/lib all I would get is a black
screen. I tried activating debug and changed the printf function to
__android_log, however, no output was produced. The kernel space
driver I'm using is the kgsl+drm one available on Google's
repository[2], which seemed to only require some minor fixes.

I did not use the Android.mk files, and as far as I can tell they
don't do anything that should affect functionality, although I could
be wrong. If so, how can I compile using them?

Does anyone have experience with compiling and using Mesa for Android,
if it is possible at all? And if it's not possible, what is missing to
get it working?

[1] ./configure --disable-dri --enable-gles2 --enable-gles1
--disable-glx --enable-egl --enable-gallium-egl
--with-gallium-drivers="swrast,freedreno" --with-egl-platforms=android
[CFLAGS and LIBS for libdrm] --host=arm-linux-androideabi
--target=arm-linux-androideabi --prefix=[...] PTHREAD_LIBS=" "
--enable-debug
[2] https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/mako-kernel/

Petre Eftime