[Mesa-users] "Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig" on DRISWRAST GL provider

Heng Zhou hzhou1 at cs.uml.edu
Tue Dec 23 21:44:44 PST 2014

I connect EC2 instances via remote desktop such as Windows' Remote Desktop
or TightVNC viewer, not command line ssh. The remote desktop window can be
used as a display. But installing a virtual display using Xvfb is a
promising solution. I would like to install Xdummy because it claims to
support GLX and RandR extensions. Could you please share commands that can
install Xdummy and use it on EC2 ubuntu (or other linux variant) instance?
Thanks.