[Mesa-users] Get g550 working

Elio Blanca eblanca76 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 27 03:48:34 PST 2014

Hi, I still have a pc with a working matrox mga g550 and the OS is xubuntu 14.04.1, recently
installed in order to replace windows xp (it is my father's pc).
Now, the shipped version of mesa libs is 10.x which dropped support for older hardware. This seems
to me quite reasonable, but how can I nowadays get this hardware working with 3D contents? In the
"platform and drivers" page you say the code needed for deprecated hardware is still available via
git. Do you mean it is just a matter of configure/make ?
How am I supposed to build it?
Perhaps have I to switch to an older distribution?
Any suggestion?
Elio