[Mesa-users] dlsym

Daniel Melo Jorge da Cunha dmjcunha at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 07:34:21 PST 2014

Hi, I use fedora and X and I am in .../src/mesa/main/dlopen.h.
Is dlsym really calling _mesa_dlsym(...)?

First, I found no #define statement for __blrts in the entire mesa's tree.

I think in my case (fedora and X) it goes to #elif defined(HAVE_DLOPEN),
which is strange because u.v = dlsym(handle, fname) would enter in an
infinite recursion if dlsym is _mesa_dlsym.

I also found strange the fact that the parameters void *handle and const
char *fname are not attributed to any variable in _mesa_dlsym(..)

Because of that I don't see the purpose of
../src/gallium/auxiliary/util/u_dl.c util_dl_get_proc_address(...) function
when it calls:

return (util_dl_proc) pointer_to_func(dlsym((void *)library, procname));

If the answer is in the assembly code generated by scripts someone could
please give me a basic idea of what's going on because I have no knowledge
of assembly and scripts.

Thanks in advance.