[Mesa-users] OpenCl and OpenGl interop: "intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory" on i965 (HD3000 & HD4000)

Valentin Churavy v.churavy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 03:48:08 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am currently trying to debug and understand a problem that arises while
trying to mix OpenCL and OpenGL. Any advise regarding the issue or how and
where to report it as a bug would be highly appreciated.

Premise: Copying data from an OpenCL Buffer to an OpenGL texture with the
following workflow.

glFlush
clFlush
clEnqueueAcquireGLObjects
clEnqueueCopyBufferToImage
clEnqueueReleaseGLObjects
clFlush

The code can used can be found here:
https://github.com/vchuravy/qjulia_gpu/blob/master/c_test/

And my current findings which I will summarize below can be found here:
https://github.com/vchuravy/qjulia_gpu/issues/1

The program terminates while receiving "intel_do_flush_locked failed: No
such file or directory".
Running the program with LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 or INTEL_NO_HW=1 prevents
the error from appearing. might the last one be an indication that the
problem stems from the drm subsystem?

What kind of further information do you need? How would I activate the
debugging features of the drm driver?

Kind Regards,
Valentin