[Mesa-users] Mesa 10.1(rc2) broke my Gnome shell on r600g

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Tue Mar 4 00:35:59 PST 2014

Hey,

I tried to compile Mesa 10.1(rc2) on Fedora 20 but after a reboot my Gnome
shell was kind of broken.

If you use the "exposé" mode in gnome shell (press super key to see all
windows side-by-side) the windows are not arranged correctly. Often there is
no margin between the windows and I think they were also not resized correctly.

Even more annoying: In the same mode gnome shell did not show me my installed
applications anymore. When I started to type things only the document results
showed up but very small and not layouted correctly.

I had to rebuild libdrm 2.4.52, libxcb 1.10 and xcb-proto 1.10 on F20 to get
Mesa 10.1 to build/install.

Is that a known/interesting problem? Maybe I just messed up the build or
forgot to update some other package so I'd need some help reporting the bug
(which info to include besides version numbers above + "it doesn't work").

fs