[Mesa-users] 7750 OpenGL version under Mesa 10.1

David Sutton kantras at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 08:29:29 PDT 2014

All,

  I've just upgraded to Mesa 10.1, using the official package from Arch
Linux (kernel: 3.13.6). I have access to two different Radeon cards; a 6770
and a 7750. When I run glxinfo with the 6770 installed, it lists support
for OpenGL 3.3:

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30

However, when I install the 7750 card, it only reports supporting OpenGL
3.1:

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAPE VERDE
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 1.40

The release notes seem to indicated that the radeonsi now supports OpenGL
3.3, so should I be expecting to see 3.1 or 3.3 listed?

Regards,

  David