[Mesa-users] Mesa10.2.8/10.3 and Kabini: tearing :-(

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Wed Oct 8 09:43:00 PDT 2014

Hi *

I'm developing small distro for MythTV appliance (minimyth2.linuxd.org).

Currently I done some tests with kernel3.16.3, libdrm 2.4.58,
Xorg1.16.1, Mesa10.2.8/10.3, xorg-f86-ati 7.5.

On Brazos (HD6310) all works quite well (well - only occasional frame
drops).

However with Kabini (HD8210) I have unpleasant tearing on video playback.

I done some tests and it looks like tearing is only on interlaced
content and only on radeonsi.
r600 works perfect for all cases.
radeonsi however works OK only for progressive content.
For interlaced content radeonsi has tearing.

As progressive content works OK - for me it looks like Vsync works OK
and bug is in radeonsi deinterlacer.

I'm wonder - are there any knobs in Mesa config where I can try to play
with?

Or maybe should I fill bug for Mesa?

thx in advance!