[Mesa-users] glGetUniformLocation returns -1 for most uniforms

Joel Leclerc lkjoel at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 22 20:17:56 PDT 2014

Normally, I use the proprietary nvidia GL driver to test my application,
but now that I use the mesa backend, for some reason, glGetUniformLocation
returns -1 on certain uniforms (for reasons I can't comprehend).

Here is part of my shader source:

uniform mat4 N_MVP;
uniform bool N_UV_flip;
uniform float N_UV_z;
uniform float N_alpha;
uniform bool N_3D;
uniform float N_time;
uniform float N_rand;

If I run glGetUniformLocation(shader->shader_handle, "N_rand"), it returns
-1. same for N_time, and N_UV_z. However, using the same code for N_alpha
returns 2.

This does not happen on the nvidia GL driver.

Any clues as to why? Source code is available here:
https://github.com/MiJyn/nightmare and
https://github.com/MiJyn/silentponyville .

--
Joel Leclerc