[Mesa-users] problems with primitive restart

Aubrey Jones ajones at flagshipbio.com
Wed Aug 19 18:35:33 PDT 2015

I'm trying to use primitive restart to draw a bunch of triangle fans in core profile. Right now, it only renders the first of my triangle fans and not any subsequent one.

I'm enabling restart, I'm setting my restart index, and I'm using the same restart index in creating my index buffer. I'm using indexed rendering (most noob questions about restart try to use DrawArrays).

If I disable restart, all my buffered data is drawn (except it interprets it as one giant fan with many broken vertex attributes corresponding to the restart indices). So I'm pretty sure my vbo's and ibo's contain what they're supposed to contain.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Is there perhaps a bug in the driver?

This is the profile I'm using:
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.3.0

---
Aubrey Jones
Product Manager, Flagship Biosciences, Inc.