[Mesa-users] Building Mesa 10 for software rendering support only

Rick Irons Rick.Irons at mathworks.com
Fri Feb 6 14:54:05 PST 2015

Hi,

I am looking to build Mesa 10 such that it only supports software rendering using X11 and has the least number of build dependencies as possible.  My goal is to have a single Mesa build environment that will produce the same GL and GLU libraries that are using software rendering regardless of the Debian 7 system on which they are built.  Any idea's on the correct  arguments to 'configure' that will produce such a Mesa configuration?  I have tried numerous permutations of the options to date with no success.

Currently, we create a X11 based version of libGL.so and a version of libGLU.so using Mesa 7.2.  We use this software rendering version of Mesa in the event that hardware accelerated OpenGL is not available on a LINUX based system.  We have no idea of the capabilities of the systems where these libraries will be installed, so we opt to support only software rendering.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Rick