[Mesa-users] yocto 1.8 emgd_dri.so missing depencies

Jean-Francois Dagenais jeff.dagenais at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 06:05:02 PST 2015

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 4:26 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>

> On 30 October 2015 at 16:04, Jean-Francois Dagenais <jeff.dagenais at gmail.com <mailto:jeff.dagenais at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Of couse, the mesa package and recipe has changed between dylan and fido,
> but from my newbie pespective, the --enable-shared-glapi has not changed. I will
> try to pull in the old dylan recipe for mesa into my machine layer and prefer it.
>
> I'd be very surprised if EMGD works with the latest Mesa release, if you need EMGD
> then using a corresponding release of Mesa is recommended.

Thanks all you guys!

I ended up creating a mash up of the 3 files that composed the mesa recipe back
in dylan (mesa 9.0.2). After fiddling a bit with the recipe, I got it to build
correctly in yocto and things seem to work correctly now.

The only remaining thing is a warning. The PROVIDES = "virtual/libgl
virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 virtual/egl virtual/mesa" of mesa.inc (in
poky/meta/recipes-graphics) confuses bitbake which tells me:

NOTE: preferred version 9.0.2 of mesa not available (for item virtual/egl) NOTE:
versions of mesa available: 2:10.4.4 2:10.4.4+gitAUTOINC+62eb27ac8b

9.0.2 is the mesa version from dylan. 10.4.4 is the fido version of mesa.

My modified mesa_9.0.2 only PROVIDES "virtual/mesa virtual/libgl" while the
emgd-driver-bin_1.18.bb only PROVIDES "virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2
virtual/egl". If both recipes provide a similar package, then I get an error
that two or more recipes providing the same package are scheduled for build.

Anyway, I can live with this warning/note, since the build is good.
Cheers!
/jfd