[Mesa-users] OpenGL 3 support for OSMesa

Matej Svejda matej.svejda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 02:00:55 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have an application in which I would like to allow for ofscreen rendering
using OSMesa for rendering on a server for example. My problem is that I
use features that are not supported in OpenGL 2.1 which seems to be the
version supported by OSMesa in version 10.1.

The guy here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30134112/opengl-es-2-0-with-osmesa
already analyzed that it might have to do with the fact
that API_OPENGL_COMPAT is requested in OSMesa.

So my question is: Is there an official way to get a higher version of
OpenGL than 2.1 to work in OSMesa?

Cheers,
Matej