[Mesa-users] OpenGL 1.2 in parallel environment

Fumey Damien damienfumey at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 27 02:39:08 PDT 2015

Hello,

At work, I use OpenGL under a proprietary parallelization API, that I don't know well in its low layers.Only OpenGL 1.2 is industrially certified for the moment. That's why I am using that version.
Since a week, I've tried to integrate a well functionning OpenGL program in that parallel environment.
The texture loading causes an entrenched  segmentation fault.I can draw whatever I want (quads, lines...) but if I I write "glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);", I know that I will get a segmentation fault on "glEnd();" or "glPopMatrix();" or wherever I finish the demand to apply the texture on a quads.
Here is my code at a glance :"glGenTextures(1, &text);glBindTexture(GL_texture_2D);glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
[...] // Here there are the parameters, MIN/MAG_FILTER : GL_LINEAR and WRAP_S/T : GL_CLAMP
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, 2, 2, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, array);
glBegin(GL_QUADS);    [...] the text and quad's coordinateglEnd();    // <- The segmentation fault comes here
glDeleteTextures(1, &text);glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);"
One more thing: the exactly same program used to work perfectly under a pthread parallelization before the integration.

Thank you very much.

Damien Fumey