[Mesa-users] OSMesa and GLSL

Yury Voronov yvoronov at artec-group.com
Fri Aug 5 12:39:51 UTC 2016

Hi Brian,

> Different drivers support different versions of OpenGL.
>
> OSMesa w/ llvmpipe/softpipe should support up to GL 3.3 / GLSL 3.30 (IIRC).
> But you have to use the new OSMesaCreateContextAttribs() function to get a
> core profile context.

Thank you!

Now how should I compile Mesa to achieve this? I tried something like
 --disable-dri --disable-driglx-direct --disable-egl --enable-glx
--enable-texture-float --enable-osmesa --with-gallium-drivers=swrast

or --with-gallium-drivers=swr

Both gave me GL 2.1 / GLSL 1.20 with OSMESA_COMPAT_PROFILE and failed
with OSMESA_CORE_PROFILE

--with-gallium-drivers=softpipe or --with-gallium-drivers=llvmpipe
simply does not go through.

 --enable-gallium-osmesa does not seem to work also.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Yury